Song

HIM - Salt In Our Wounds

Powered by mp3skull.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nightwish Concert!!!!!!!!!!



Yea, this last sun, Nightwish came to my town, I have been waiting for months for this fucking show to come. I remember when I first purchased the tickets. Thanx Regency for giving me that 1000 dollar financial aid check. That was the only reason I was able to afford the 88 dollar overall cost :) Of course I had me amor belle with me for over 24 hours. The night before the show, I actually braided mi belle's hair, took me 2 hours but the time went quickly as we watched the End of an Era DVD. We pretty much didnt get any sleep and it sorta affected me for the rest of sun. Michelle, I really appreciated our little nature hike under the bridge and of course your excellent breakfast meal. I had to take an hour nap before the trip to the venue which refreshed me quite significantly. B4 we got to tha marquee we hiked up these beautiful hills that I might post on here later. Kamelot was the opening band. The new singer was good, he pretty much sounded like Roy Khan so no major issues. Like the new song I think its called Sacrimony?????? and the braided bass player was awesome. Liked their overall artwork backdrop. It really reminded me of Madonna's Frozen video (above). P.S. I'm prob the only person that notices the similarities lol. P.S.S. Tho they were prob both influenced by "The Morrigan". Overall excellent band, check out their shit.

Now the funny thing with Nightwish is that a couple of days before the event. They got rid of their second singer. I never had an issue with Anette even tho with the albums she appeared on, it annoyed me a lil that they just sounded like a heavier version of ABBA. The thing that made me even more excited was that they got Floor Jansen to replace her for the remainder of the dates. Was always a fan of her voice all the way back from her After Forever days, so I knew she would bring the epic operatic stylings back. She simply kicked ass on all of the songs (must find an After Forever t-shirt) and all of the band was simply on point. They played pretty much all the songs I hoped they would play (Ever Dream was a plesant surprise) and they played my all time fav "The Islander".  Which of course I recorded myself...........

We were pretty close to the stage, I loved headbanging and even death metal screaming some of the songs. Was hilarious screaming the chorus to I Want My Tears Back hahahahahahaha. My girlfriend didnt appreciate the women in front of us jumping, but she was still rawking out \m/ I had such a fun time. I hope the band keeps Floor around, because personally, Floor = Tarja > Anette ultimately in my opinion. Pulled another late nighter and woke up on mon at 1pm with a chronic headache, gladly worth it tho. Planning on getting back tho the norm of (new) things. More pics from the show.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment