Song

HIM - Salt In Our Wounds

Powered by mp3skull.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

70,000 Tons of Metal: Xentrix

Ok I was asked to write a review of a video from a band that I'm gonna see next year at the cruise, so I randomly picked "Ghostbusters" from the band Xentrix.

First thing I noticed in the upper right hand corner was the ol' MTV music logo. That station wouldn't dare to play music like this anymore. Shows you first how much the times have changed. Doesnt MTV not even stand for music television anymore? Yea I think they changed the name. Doesn't matter to me as I don't even watch empty-V. (Haven't had cable for years)

Another thing is I can't believe there is a thrash metal version of ghostbusters. For me that's just funny and silly. I liked the interpretation of the song tho. I loved that little breakdown near the end of it. As for the video you can tell it's old school. It doesn't really do anything out of the extraordinary. Just your typical clips of the band playing the music and some images of ghosts.

Also I've been browsing through some of their music. I can't believe they went from thrash metal to progressive, interesting.


So ya I might check them on the ship if time and circumstance allows it. Check out the ghostbusters video below.





No comments:

Post a Comment