Song

HIM - Salt In Our Wounds

Powered by mp3skull.com

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Individual Thought Patterns 7/1/2014

Yes on this edition on Individual Thought Patterns I will be giving my intrepretation on the Tao Te Ching by Stephen Mitchell. The following is from ebook pg 2 #4

The Tao is like a well: used but never used up. It is like the eternal void: filled with infinite possibilities. It is hidden but always present. I don't know who gave birth to it.

Okay that was short enough. The google definition on what tao is the absolute principle underlying the universe, combining within itself the principles of yin and yang and signifying the way, or code of behavior, that is in harmony with the natural order. The interpretation of Tao in the Tao-te-Ching developed into the philosophical religion of Taoism. Okay so this in my opinion describes itself. Like a well you can take whatever you want from it within whatever feels natural to yourself. Maybe this is a silly example but maybe at this particular moment I want some strawberry ice cream. The universe is dictating to my brain stem at this moment to get it. It is in my natural state to move and get ice cream. Whether it is significant or not is up to the individual. But I am following my natural self. So in theory that would be an example of getting only a little bit from life's well. Me naturally decided to study acupuncture is me gaining a lot of information and this info is eternal. There will always be something to learn from it so I would in essence be using alot of information from the universe's infinite supply of water from the well.

There are so many different ways to live your life, infinite possiblities (self-explanatory) The possiblities of all you can do is always there whether it is just a passing thought in your brain or an action that you live, the universe is always there. As for the last line this might be a line that differs according to ones religious/spiritual beliefs. God coulda gave birth to the natural state of the universe. Or it coulda been the big bang theory etc. blah blah blah. As for what I think, who really cares, we are living in some kind of existance regardless of who gave "birth" to it

2 comments:

  1. Love your definition. It's very Tao of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet don't feel shy to email me with other interesting topics on the matter

    ReplyDelete